This event has now ended.
See Mayfair transformed into a magical wonderland on Thursday 16 November when its Christmas lights are switched on.
5pm – 8pm: Live entertainment, food, drink and late-night shopping | 6:30pm: Countdown to the light switch-on
The event will see Mayfair’s iconic Mount Street illuminated with 63,000 sparkling lights in the shape of big blue bows.
To mark the switch-on moment, The Connaught hotel is also unveiling its world-famous Christmas tree, designed by a different artist each year.
Buy warming drinks and stocking fillers from quaint wooden chalets, and enjoy a Nutcracker performance curated by Danceworks.
Soak up the joy of Christmas with uplifting carolling and performances from The Salvation Army Regent Hall Band and the Mayfair Community Choir.
Head to the wooden chalets to enjoy cuvées of English sparkling wine from Roebuck; Christmas gifts and hampers from Bamford and Daylesford; sweet treats from Reemie’s Cakes; and to pre-order wreaths from florist Wild at Heart, who will also be selling charity merchandise.
And perfect for Christmas photo moments are our two showstopping festive floral installations. The first one is being designed by world-famous florist Neill Strain and can be found on Mount Street, while the second is being created by celebrated luxury florist Wild at Heart and can be found on the corner of Duke Street and Weighhouse Street.
Other on-street Christmas light switch-on highlights include:
- Christian Louboutin will be serving free hot chocolate from a traditional cart outside its store.
- Malone Souliers will be offering an exclusive gift with purchase to those shopping on the night, as well as offering free Matcha drinks to all visitors from a festive cart outside the store.
- Matches will be giving away complimentary Christmas baubles from a luxury festive installation, as well as offering shoppers an exclusive shopping promotion at its store at 5 Carlos Place.
- The Audley Public House will be giving away free sausage rolls outside the pub.
- Maison Rabih Kayrouz will be giving away free Christmas food from a stand outside its store.
- Knight Frank will be giving away mulled wine from a stand outside its store.
- Scott’s Mayfair will be handing out mince pies, mulled wine and festive truffles to diners on its terrace from 6pm.
- Mr. Fogg’s Apothecary will be selling Christmas cocktails in partnership with Grey Goose.
- The Twenty Two will be selling cookies and mulled wine from a stand outside its hotel on Grosvenor Square.
In-store festive events include:
- Erdem will be staying open until 8pm for the switch-on event. Shoppers will be offered a 10% discount in-store, and an exclusive gift on all purchases above £2,500.
- Bamford will be open until 8pm for the switch-on event. Shoppers will be offered 10% discount in-store and can enjoy live music, gift personalisation, a gift with purchases made over £150 and complimentary fizz.
- The Mayfair Chippy will adding mulled cider to their menu for the evening.
- Carolina Herrera will be serving champagne and macaroons.
- Eskandar will be hosting dancers who will be performing pieces from the Nutcracker and Pas de Trois, along with serving refreshments.
- The Barley Mow will be offering mulled King’s Ginger, mulled wine and mulled cider.
- James Purdey will be opening late until 7pm. Shoppers can enjoy complimentary embroidery on any piece of clothing or soft accessory purchased on the day, along with gift wrapping and luxury hot chocolate.
- Jamavar‘s festive terrace pop-up will be open and they will be serving masala chai, spiced mulled wine and Nankhatai, traditional Indian shortbread cookies.
- Hideaway will be serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot punch from its terrace.
- ONE: Personal Training will be offering free 15-minute personal training sessions and consultations from 5pm to 7pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- The Health Society on 10 Lees Place will be serving free hot bone broth. They will also be offering dental raffle prizes, exclusive gift certificates and 15-minute drop-in personal training and bioresonance & acupuncture therapy sessions from 5pm to 8pm.
The Ever After Garden is also returning to nearby Grosvenor Square from 16 November.
Sustainable Christmas lights
Mayfair’s festive light display will be using energy-efficient LED bulbs operating on a timer from 3pm to 12am, an initiative introduced in 2021 with the aim of reducing energy consumption and promoting a more sustainable Christmas.
Mount Street is just an eight-minute walk from Bond Street tube station.