Find the best things to do in Mayfair this January.
1. Get fighting fit with an authentic boxing session at JAB Boxing Club, co-founded by former England boxing team captain George Veness. The gym promises to get you into the “best shape of your life”.
2. Dance your way into 2023 by signing up to a dance class at Danceworks. From classical ballet to hip hop, salsa to tap, flamenco to burlesque, Danceworks has classes for all levels, from complete beginners to advanced professionals.
Mercato Mayfair Dining Experience
3. Grab a delicious lunch in spectacular surroundings for less than £10 at Mercato Mayfair, a food hall housed within a deconsecrated church. Located on North Audley Street near Bond Street tube, the food market sells everything from fresh and authentic pasta at Pasta Lovers to Malaysian street food at Spice Lab.
Mr Fogg’s Apothecary Mayfair
4. Doing dry January? Sip exquisitely created non-alcoholic cocktails at Mr Fogg’s Apothecary, quirkily decked out with old grandfather clocks, wooden apothecary cabinets, and portraits of scientists, botanists and pharmacists. Mr Fogg’s has teamed up with distilled non-alcoholic spirits brand Caleno this month to create a limited-edition menu of four booze-free cocktails called Mr Fogg’s Tropical Tales, celebrating the flavours of South America. The non-alcoholic cocktails cost from £10 each. Find the bar on Brook Street opposite Claridge’s hotel.
New Restaurants in Mayfair, London.
Mayfair’s Vegan Restaurants
6. Trying Veganuary? Visit one of these Mayfair restaurants with vegan options, including plant-based eatery Plants by De, zero-waste restaurant Apricity, and the lunch-to-go favourite Salad Kitchen.
Mayfairs Luxury Hotels & Spas
7. Indulge yourself at one of Mayfair’s luxury hotel spas. Recharge your batteries at The Spa at the Beaumont Hotel, home to a marble plunge pool, steam room and sauna, as well as various treatment rooms where you can enjoy a relaxing massage or body treatment. Or unwind with a holistic massage or body treatment at the Aman Spa at The Connaught, which also has a swimming pool and steam room infused with essential oils.
8. Bring your children to zero-waste restaurant Apricity, which is launching a Culinary Kids Tasting Menu in January. Youngsters will get the chance to expand their tastebuds and learn more about where food comes from. A five-course menu for children will cost £32.
Duck & Dry in Mayfair
9 Enjoy a complimentary glass of Wild Idol’s alcohol-free sparkling rosé with every signature blow dry at Duck & Dry, available every Friday and Saturday in January. Choose from a selection of blow-dry looks, including the Classic Duck (smooth and bouncy with volume) to the Fine Feathered (sleek and straight with a smooth, shiny finish).